Welcome to Comegys School! My name is Andrea Carr, RN, BSN and I am the school’s nurse who will be responsible for providing care for your child when needed.
The Health Room Hours
Emergencies Seen at Anytime
Helpful Information For Parents/Guardians
- Updated Contact Information-Please make sure the school has accurate phone numbers so we can reach you or someone else to pick up your child if they are ill. Please remember to send in new numbers if you change your number. Also, remember to inform the nurse of any surgery or serious illness that your child might have that causes them to miss school for a lengthy time. Thank you.
- Medications-Reminder: If a child requires medicine to be given in school, a parent must request in writing that the medicine be given, and it must be in the original container with the dosage directions on the label. Medicine that is not in the original container (such as a plastic bag) cannot be administered in school.
- When to keep your child home from school
- Temperature over 100 degrees in the last 24 hours. If you suspect that they may be sick please check their temperature with a thermometer before sending them to school. If they have a fever it is not appropriate to send them to school, even if you give them Tylenol and their fever breaks. They will still be contagious to other children and will also not be feeling well enough to learn
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- An unexplained rash
- Red or crusty eyelids or drainage from eyes
- Headache, cough, sore throat, or congestion severe enough to interfere with attention to school work
- Flare-ups of asthma, that would make it difficult to work in school
Click on the links below for helpful Student Health Information